Employment type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5
Competition number: 21-09
To apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three examples of your written work (published blogs, news releases, news items, etc.) to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled.
The Saskatchewan Health Quality Council is committed to equity in our hiring practices. We support diversity in our learning and work environments and ensures that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered in our employment equity practices. All qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Communications Consultant is an integral member of a high-performing team, who will be responsible for working collaboratively with other team members and supporting the execution of both internal and external driven strategies, programs, events and initiatives.
The employee will report to the Manager of Marketing and Communications, within a program area that is overseen by the Executive Director, Finance and Operations.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to HQC staff.
- Contribute to strategic communications plans that promote the overall strategic direction of the organization through mechanisms such as internal and external communications efforts.
- Plays a key role in sharing the organization’s brand story with the public, and in promoting effective communication with HQC’s stakeholders.
- Produces content relevant to target audiences, and consistent with organizational goals, including feature articles, web content, and other digital assets.
- Utilize writing skills to proofread and edit documents across the organization and can learn to write for various styles of web and print.
- Develop key relationships and partnerships with a broad array of stakeholders within a highly complex environment to improve health and health care within Saskatchewan.
- Enhancement of media relations, stakeholders, and community relations.
- Coordinate the production of communications materials through knowledge translation, editing/proofreading, desktop publishing, and creative design.
- Create online and social media editorial content.
- Advocates for, and promotes awareness of, HQC’s strategic initiatives and tactics that support the work to connect people, ignite ideas, and accelerate improvement within Saskatchewan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree in a relevant disciple.
- Eligibility for IABC membership is an asset.
- A Criminal Background Check is required.
Knowledge and skills
- Ability to relate strategic goals and objectives of the organization to the design and effective implementation of tasks.
- Strong writing and editing skills. Proficiency in Canadian Press (CP) style.
- Experience managing digital assets, as well as the development and writing web content using a client-centered approach.
- Versatile writing skills including copywriting, social media posts, advertising, scripts for speeches, annual reports, etc.
- Experience with preparing key messages, backgrounders, speeches, presentations, briefing notes, story pitches, media releases, fact sheets, and press kits.
- Experience using communications related software including Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Google Analytics, social media analytics, video editing programs and/or Adobe Photoshop is considered an asset.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise personal and professional judgement in the provision of all communications activities.
- Ability to think and act quickly, creatively, and strategically.
- Advanced communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player and consensus builder.
- Demonstrated skills to maintain a focus on quality improvement in all services.