Employment type: Permanent
Hours of work: 37.5
Competition number: 23-03
To apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by March 26, 2023 5:00 PM.
The Saskatchewan Health Quality Council (HQC) is committed to equity in our hiring practices. We support diversity in our learning and work environments and ensure that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered in our employment equity practices. All qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mandate of the Health Quality Council is to measure and report on health care quality and to promote and support quality improvement throughout Saskatchewan’s health care system.
The Director, Marketing and Communications will:
Communications, Brand Development, and Relationship Management
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of marketing and communications strategies to meet HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Oversee all corporate communication channels to convey the value of the organization, build HQC’s reputation as a trusted leader and resource in quality improvement, and inspire others to pursue quality improvement.
- Develop and implement plans to meet HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Create and empower others to develop purpose-driven, informative, and compelling content to engage HQC’s diverse audiences. This may include developing stories, announcements, newsletters, media releases, website, intranet content, briefing notes, key messages, speaking notes, reports, publications, and social media content.
- Work with colleagues to support project goals with communication strategies and tactics to build strong and productive relationships with internal clients (HQC leaders and staff) to achieve strategic objectives.
- Lead HQC’s media and public relations, developing a strategy for the organization’s response to manage contentious issues and mitigate reputational risk, including crisis and emergency response communications.
- Lead the creation and publication of an annual report to fulfill our legislative obligations.
- Oversee development and dissemination of strategic executive communications, including for the CEO, board of directors, and senior leadership team, to deliver on HQC’s strategic objectives.
- Design and execute internal communication campaigns to build organizational alignment, culture, and employee engagement.
- Guide the HQC team in translating complex issues into simple/relatable messages to support strong communication across the organization.
- Oversee the continuous improvement and regular engagement of the employee intranet to ensure the channel meets employee needs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain branding standards to build a strong brand identity and to support audience recognition across all platforms.
Leadership and Supervision
- Ensure employees are clear on expectations, are provided with resources and supports to deliver on those expectations, and receive timely feedback and coaching on performance.
- Develop and lead a successful team that are clear on what they are expected to achieve, have clearly defined roles and responsibilities, and are provided the resources and supports to regularly achieve performance targets.
- Develop, implement, and lead organizational change in ways that actively engage individuals and teams in constructive problem-solving that enables continuous process improvement.
Proficiency in a couple of the following technical and professional skills:
- Strong writing skills across a variety of written and visual mediums.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships with employees, leadership, and stakeholders.
- Comfortable leading a team through ambiguity.
- Strong understanding of internal and external digital tools and platforms
- Knowledge of best practices and trends in marketing, internal and external communications
- Ability to lead creative processes and bring new ideas to the table.
- Ability to multitask and work quickly with high attention to detail.
- Comfortable working autonomously to solve problems and manage issues.
- An eye for design and familiarity with software such as Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mail Chimp, Wishpond, Mural
- Strong project and time management skills
- Capable of operating a computer and using Microsoft applications (at minimum Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams).
As well as:
- Graduate degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism and five years of work-related experience, preferably in a health environment, or;
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, marketing or journalism and ten years of work-related experience, preferably in a health environment.
- Proven ability to provide timely support to senior leaders, in line with organizational priorities.
- Three plus years’ experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Experience with internet platforms and website development
- Experience with strategic communications planning and writing all types of communication forms, including speeches, briefing notes, media releases and annual reports.
- Exceptional proficiency in MS Office
- Employees must also provide and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check.
Salary: $104,929.44 to $136,407.88