Chelsea joined HQC in 2010 and has served in a number of roles in various capacities within the organization. Chelsea has provided health system partners with training, coaching, and facilitation around change management, stakeholder engagement, quality improvement tools and techniques, measurement for improvement, stakeholder engagement and Advanced Access techniques.
In her previous role as Manager of Learning Programs, Chelsea oversaw various programs building capacity for quality improvement, to help system partners continuously improve systems related to health and health care. She draws her energy from helping others learn new skills, and seeing them approach old problems with new ways of thinking.
She received her Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Bachelor of Arts in English degrees from the University of Saskatchewan. Chelsea became a certified Lean Leader in May 2014. She also has additional training in change management, public engagement and facilitation.
- What is quality improvement, anyway?
- Charting a course for team success: the team charter
- What makes us healthy? Exploring the determinants of health in Saskatchewan
- Working Remotely Series: Building Trust with Teams in a Virtual Environment (QI Power Hour)
- Working Remotely Series: Hosting Online Meetings (QI Power Hour)
- Working Remotely Series: The Basics (QI Power Hour)