Health Quality Council media contacts
Are you a member of the media looking to get in touch with the Saskatchewan Health Quality Council?
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
In this section
Boilerplate and logos
The Health Quality Council (HQC) is an independent organization that accelerates improvement in the quality of health and health care in Saskatchewan. Since 2002, we have worked with patients and families, clinicians, administrators, researchers, students, and quality improvement specialists to help make change happen faster for better health and health care.
Health Quality Council logos
The following is the Health Quality Council’s logo in PNG and JPEG formats. Please do not reformat or recolour these images. Please contact us if you require a different version of our logo.
Health Quality Council quick stats and facts
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council provided support to health system partners in the Saskatchewan Health Authority and eHealth Saskatchewan with vaccination and proof-of-vaccination activities. In the year prior, HQC staff contributed approximately 3,000 hours of resourcing to support the SHA in COVID response initiatives in functions such as administration, project management, communications, research, evidence, facilitation, QI, training, and information delivery.
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council produced evidence to support improvement in health care through nine published research papers across a variety of topics.
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council began work on a hotspotting project to identify hot spots of drug toxicity overdoses and deaths. This work is done as part of the provincial Drug Task Force.
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council completed training its first cohort of Community QI Collective participants. The inaugural group was comprised of seven organizations from across Saskatchewan.
- In 2021-22, 12 Saskatchewan improvement leaders graduated from the fifth cohort of the Clinical Quality Improvement Program (CQIP). Since its inception in 2017, 91 physicians and clinicians have completed CQIP.
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council continued to assist the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations (FSIN) understand and interpret coroner’s data on suicides in Saskatchewan using publicly available data to help inform FSIN’s Life Promotion Strategy.
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council assumed lead sponsor role in the Saskatchewan Alliance for Youth and Community Well-being (SAYCW).
- In 2021-22, the Health Quality Council led the creation of the Health Research Data Platform-Saskatchewan (HRDP-SK). This platform streamlines the process for researchers across the province to access health data.
Health Quality Council backgrounders
HQC news stories and media releases
Please visit our news page for a list of news updates and media releases.