Health Quality Council media contacts
Are you a member of the media looking to get in touch with the Saskatchewan Health Quality Council?
For more information or to arrange interviews, please contact:
In this section
Boilerplate and logos
The Health Quality Council (HQC) is an independent organization that accelerates improvement in the quality of health and health care in Saskatchewan. Since 2002, we have worked with patients and families, clinicians, administrators, researchers, students, and quality improvement specialists to help make change happen faster for better health and health care.
Health Quality Council logos
The following is the Health Quality Council’s logo in PNG and JPEG formats. Please do not reformat or recolour these images. Please contact us if you require a different version of our logo.
Health Quality Council quick stats and facts
- In 2020-21, the Health Quality Council contributed approximately 3,000 hours of resourcing to support the SHA in COVID response initiatives in functions such as administration, project management, communications, research, evidence, facilitation, QI, training, and information delivery.
- In 2020-21, the Health Quality Council produced evidence to support improvement in health care through 13 published research papers across a variety of topics. As of March 31, 2021, there were over 40 research collaboration projects in process with academic and clinician-researchers, including work done as part of the Saskatchewan Centre for Patient-Oriented Research (SCPOR) partnership.
- As of March 31, 2021, approximately 208 family physicians currently practicing in the province have requested their BestPractice Primary Care Panel Report.
- In 2020-21, the Health Quality Council developed and launched the Community QI Collective with participants from community-based organizations (CBOs), governmental organizations, and ministerial organizations.
- In 2020-21, 18 Saskatchewan improvement leaders graduated from the fourth cohort of the Clinical Quality Improvement Program (CQIP).
- In 2021-21, the Health Quality Council helped the Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations (FSIN) understand and interpret coroner’s data on suicides in Saskatchewan using publicly available data to help inform FSIN’s Life Promotion Strategy.
- In 2020-21, the Health Quality Council collaborated with George Gordon First Nation leadership and operations staff on the creation of a community health and wellness survey for community members.
- On August 6, 2020, the Health Quality Council brought together a panel of patients, providers, and health system leaders to explore the impact of virtual care in Saskatchewan from a quality improvement perspective.
Health Quality Council backgrounders
HQC news stories and media releases
Please visit our news page for a list of news updates and media releases.