On August 6th, 2020 the Health Quality Council hosted a panel discussion about patient and provider experiences with virtual Care in Saskatchewan during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. The panel shared their experiences with virtual care and explore the impact it has had in Saskatchewan from a quality improvement perspective. The event was hosted by Steven Lewis, Adjunct Professor of Health Policy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Simon Fraser University, and featured Saskatchewan family physicians who use virtual care, as well as patient and family advisors.
- Dr. Paul Acheampong, Consultant Physician and Assistant Professor, Saskatchewan Health Authority and University of Saskatchewan
- Heather Dyck, Patient Partner
- Gordon Mayer, Patient Partner
- Dr. Ivar Mendez, Professor and Provincial Head of the Department of Surgery, Saskatchewan Health Authority and University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Janet Tootoosis, Family physician; Site director for North Battleford Family Medical Residency Training Program, University of Saskatchewan